As 2019 draws to an end, I’m taking time this year to make my own personal list about why my LIFE IS GOOD. I’ve chosen to do this instead of making New Year’s resolutions, first because everyone makes them and second, because I never keep them. That being said, please don’t let me discourage you from making your own New Year’s resolutions. I will be honored to support you in your efforts.
I want to explain that a long time ago, I adopted an attitude of gratitude. Also, I have been a list-maker practically since birth, so this stuff isn’t exactly new to me. What is new, however, is sharing it with the universe. My list is personal, not generic, and it is most definitely random.
So, in no particular order, here’s why my LIFE IS GOOD:
- My 16-year-old car is still running well
- I have helped many couples to end their relationships with dignity and respect
- I have helped families get past old grudges and move forward
- My own family is healthy
- My company won Best Of Las Vegas in the alternative dispute resolution category
- I got a new barbecue this year
- I made a lot of soup for friends
- Although I live alone, I am never lonely
- My niece donated a kidney to her dad (my brother-in-law) and both are doing well
- I posted 52 blogs this year and I still love writing them
- My commitment to volunteer at Adam’s Place is more fulfilling than I ever imagined
- I absolutely love being a Mediator
- I am happy to knit and watch football on Sundays
- I have many cherished friendships, both old and new
- I love to discover new, non-chain restaurants, especially if they serve great burgers or delicious tacos
- I have friends and family who want to spend time with me (and who pay my airfare)
- My house seems to give me a hug every time I come home
And now that this year has come to an end, I would like to challenge each of you to share a few reasons why your own LIFE IS GOOD. As you can see by my examples, your reasons don’t have to be brilliant nor sophisticated, and they don’t have to be in order of importance. Please, please take a moment to share a few by commenting below.
After you’re done sharing your LIFE IS GOOD list, please accept my most sincere wishes for a joyful and peaceful 2020.
Well, first of all; I’m grateful that Frontier Airlines is changing a tire on one of their wheels so we’ll have a safe landing.
I’m grateful to have a few really special friends, like you.
I’m grateful for the health and well-being of my family.
My Airbnb side-hustle hit a bump in the road, but it doesn’t mean it’s gone, just different.
I’m grateful for continuing good health.
Life is Good..because…
•my husband is 5 years cancer free
•I have a career I love.. keeps my brain active and i can work when I want
•I have a beautiful son and daughter in law
•I have a family that are all healthy and well.
•many close friends, like my dear Nancy Gabriel..
•though sad to have lost my wonderful mother this past year, she is always with me in my heart and blessed to have had her so long and with wonderful memories.
Thanks so much for the most positive blog post to end a dismal political year. I have a whole new perspective on why resolution-making spawn negative energy and why a “live is good” list focuses on positive momentum.
My Life is Good because…..
I am going to see my granddaughter graduate from high school in January.
I am pursuing a new career at 68. Excited and proud of it.
I am a speaker coach trainer and love what I do.
We are remodeling our home and we can afford to do so.
I have a circle of friends that support me, love me unconditionally.
I have a husband who supports me in anything I do.
I am in general, good health.
I have a car to drive.
I have a roof over my head.
I live in a free country.
Too many other things to mention. I am just GRATEFUL!!!